[fitsbits] CRPIX clarification

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu May 29 23:55:27 EDT 2008

On Fri 2008-05-30T12:48:46 +1000, Mark Calabretta hath writ:
> I don't think that we have any significant points of disagreement.

I concur.

We also do not have a set of altered words for Bill Pence to propose
which make it clear that traverse along array indices isn't really
pixels and does not really have units until and unless the WCS says
they do, and that in the case where the coordinate along the array
axis can reasonably be interpreted as a real-valued entity the
data value is intended to correspond to the measured quantity
at the integer values which run from 1 to NAXISj.

I don't have any immediate suggestions which can boil all
of our agreement into concise words.

> I think it would be appropriate for the standard to contain the above
> information in a section completely separate from the definition of
> the WCS keywords.

I agree, but I'm not sure how complicated that process would get.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855