[evlatests] [RFI-JC] [Reminder] January RFI Journal Club - January 23rd at 1pm MST/3pm EST

Bang Nhan bnhan at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 23 11:56:19 EST 2024

Hi everyone,

A friendly reminder for today's RFI Journal club talk at 1pm MST/3pm EST.

We will have NRAO scientist, Dr. Preshanth Jangannathan, giving a
presentation on "Near real-time radio frequency interference monitoring
database for the Very Large Array". The abstract is provided in the
attached pdf.

The meeting will run 40-45 minutes, and will be made up of ~20 minutes
of presentation and ~20 minutes of discussion. We plan to schedule the
monthly RFI Journal Club on the fourth Tuesday of the month. The goal of
this meeting will be to raise awareness and discuss RFI related articles
and work-in-progress projects in the context of radio astronomy. The
hope is to foster discussions between scientists, engineers, policy
folks, technicians; anyone dealing with RFI at our sites.

The Zoom link information is provided below:

System Name: NRAO Zoom 09 Meeting
Web:https://go.nrao.edu/nraozoom09
Audio-only: +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 349 985 2367