[evlatests] Circularly polarized reflected lunar emission {External} {External}

Sergio Garza segarza at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 13 21:29:58 EST 2023

Would it be a possibility this is a lunar reflection of PAVE PAWS Radar
Systems and similar anti-ballistic missile early-warning systems?

Taiwan and China have their own versions but they're all based on and
similar to US military/Raytheon's system. Many of these systems have
frequency ranges between 420 - 450 MHz and pointed at the horizon and
higher.

Here's some specifications for PAVE PAWS:
https://spp.fas.org/military/program/track/pavepaws.htm

Here's the original environmental report with extra details although the
system (I believe) has since been upgraded:

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/ADA088320.pdf

There are several other and various systems around the world, all of
which always on. Presumably if this is the case, there are other
frequency ranges that reflect at different lunar orientations as well.

Sergio