[evlatests] Phase stability of ea27 {External}

Paul Demorest pdemores at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 3 17:43:03 EDT 2023

Hi all,

Not sure if this is relevant but for the record:

Four antennas including ea27 have recently been showing large (20 to 30deg
peak-to-peak) phase modulation at 10 Hz: ea13, ea17, ea23, ea27.  We have seen
this kind of thing occasionally over the past few years and have found it can
be fixed by power-cycling the L305.  This was done June 7 and at the time
seemed to clear up the issue on ea13 and ea27.  However new data taken today
shows the 10 Hz has come back on these two.

I don't know if this issue is directly related to the phase jumps, however in
May, Drew reported phase jumps on three of these antennas in pipeline output
(ea13, ea23, ea27).  This is what led to looking at the high time resolution
data, and finding large 10 Hz on all of them seemed a bit suspicious.  Maybe
there is a common underlying cause for these two symptoms?

This was written up in WO-17369, 17370, 17371, 17372.

Cheers,
Paul