[evlatests] Noisy C-band antennas?

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 29 19:42:02 EDT 2023

I must have missed your presentation - apologies.

This map is great.  So the culprit for my observations is likely
Mangus-Gray Hill, which crosses over about the right parts of the E and
W arms.  For the ones that affect the N arm it's Davenport-Gray Hill or
NM3SMIT...-Gray Hill.

The fundamental problem is Gray Hill, it seems.  Do we have any recourse
here?  Has it always been there and they're just using it more now or
something?

And I'd suggest getting these alternatives out to users sooner than the
next OPT release.  Have the DAs tell folks to use them now.  This is
almost a show-stopper when it hits.

	-Bryan