[evlatests] Update on Strange R-L phase behavior

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 30 13:54:42 EDT 2022

I think a couple of quick tests on the existing data are worthwhile,
despite a low probability of showing anything useful.

1.  Make sure the effect shows up on a single baseline, data
uncalibrated, from, say, baseline 1-9, just to positively exonerate all
the calibration software.  There's probably enough SNR to do this on a
single 2 MHz channel even.

2.  Look at the self cross correlations to make sure that the effect,
for some mysterious reason, chose to vanish when Paul did his definitive
measurement.

3.  Instead of calibrating each subband, transfer calibrations from one
subband to the others.  This may tell us if the effect is a phase offset
or a delay offset.