[evlatests] Strange R-L phase symmetries

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:46:21 EDT 2022

On Mon, March 28, 2022 08:24, Barry Clark via evlatests wrote:
| I haven't had so much fun in years.  We should all thank Rick for
| providing such grand entertainment.  My candidate for first prize is
| Paul's suggestion of observing again recording the self cross
| correlations.  My candidate for second prize is Rob's suggestion that
| the effect may be thermal rather than flextural - differing thermal lag
| times can generate patterns that look like derivatives of other patterns.

Self-cross correlations should be in Rick's data for every other
antenna.

I was thinking of getting with Paul (who knows how to process this
with pulsar code) today to record the 20Hz signal for one or more
antennas while we change azimuth manually; and elevation.

And speaking of phase changes with antenna direction, I'm struggling
to think about this: the so-called 'baseline fits' do not discriminate
by R,L. Currently, no parallactic-angle correction is done to the data
(e.g. AIPS CLCOR PANG) before fitting the positions, does that have
any bearing on the current problem?