[evlatests] Strange R-L phase symmetries

Paul Demorest pdemores at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 25 16:14:04 EDT 2022

Yes, I was also going to suggest maybe it's a cable being
stretched/flexed, for reasons similar to what Barry mentioned.  In
addition to the AC/BD comparison, a few more ideas:

1. Look at the noise diode R-L phase vs elevation to see if the effect
can be seen there.  If so I think that pretty definitively rules out
optics-based causes.  Also, this is a single-antenna measurement so
removes reference antenna confusion.  And it does not require
astronomical sources so can be done any time.

2. Repeat the test at X and Ku bands.  L/S/C all share a very similar
signal path so the results at some higher bands might be a informative
comparison.

-Paul