[evlatests] Another Mystery Problem... {External}

rperley rperley at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 17 16:21:57 EDT 2022

I guess I don't understand how any effect related to fringe stopping
could cause a progressive rotation of the polarized plane of emission
which increases with HA and image offset.

And with regard to beam polarization effects -- in the first place, the
observed offset in EPA is frequency independent, while the beam
polarization, to at least first order, will be much stronger at higher
frequencies than at low.  And in second place -- the beam polarization
should be nearly independent of HA, while our observed effect certain is
not!

Rick