[evlatests] ea22 L-band

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 11 15:31:50 EST 2021

Hello everyone,

After some pretty definitive tests today, we have determined that the
problem with L-band setup (20 dB extra power) is related to the
sub-reflector movement. Every time we command the SR to L-band from
another position, the noise causes the T304's to set to the incorrect
levels (with 20 dB of extra attenuation). When a subsequent L-band
script is run, there is no movement of the SR and levels set correctly.

We set the antenna up for L-band and then manually moved focus and
rotation (one at a time) and saw power levels increase by 20 dB with any
SR movement. Once we stop movement, levels return to normal. We may need
to work with Servo to troubleshoot the exact noise by putting couplers
in the L-band path, using a spec an and manually moving the
sub-reflector around.

Rob