[evlatests] Flux Density Accuracy via Switched Power Alone

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 10 17:08:39 EDT 2013

i'm very much against maintaining a "peculiar gain" table.

the right answer is probably to tell people to observe a standard
calibrator, unless they don't care to 20% or so.  remember that, as you
stated, this was done at a moderate elevation in excellent dry weather,
so the numbers below are best case.

as an aside, you could use a robust estimator of the rms to not be
affected by outliers in the distribution (MAD, for instance, is easy and
pretty good for that).

	-bryan