[evlatests] Latest on Ka & Q-Band Receiver Installations

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 19 19:19:15 EST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> We will take care of the Ka band on ea01 when we here the plate
> has been removed, and ea28 at Q band when it is again available.

A summary of work in progress.

ea28 Q band
Probably OK, but fringes only very weakly probably because of poor
pointing.  It will be looked at mroe closely tomorrow.

ea01, Ka band
Doesn't fringe at all.  Power from somewhere is getting to the
downconverter and the noise tube modulation is detected, but
there is no fringe amplitude at all.  Nothing in the crossed
hand products either.  Either the pointing is way off, or
something is mis-wired so that Ka band is not really selected
when we think it is.