[evlatests] new executor software (v1.8.0)

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 14 16:28:22 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Rich Moeser wrote:

> A new version of the Executor has been released.
>
> Changes and bug fixes:
> 1) Add a Sideband attribute to the sslo element of the Observation document.
> 2) Minor changes to infrastructure to permit using these components in a
> VLBA real-time system.
> 3) Fix timing for L302 setting for Widar correlator.  Command setting of
> three bit digitizers as needed.
> 4) Mark antenna 15 as having begun EVLA conversion.
> 5) Added support for various flavors of obs2script (stable, old, or test).
> 6) Fix to the JobMonThread to avoid the ConcurrentModificationException.
> 7) Read application.properties file at start up.
> 8) Added statement.close() calls in the getParameter() methods. (Might help with the JDBC crashes we've been seeing.)
> 9) Added finally clause to ensure both the statement and resultsets are cleaned up properly.
> 10) Added Eop.xsd, describes a set of earth orientation parameters in XML

Rich omitted a few important changes.

1)  The problems in pointing at scan beginning caused by the rotatino
     trick have been addressed.

2)  A totally new implementation if the LoIfSetup class.  Should be
     transparant except for scripts which intend to use Widar.

3.  Added support for a new delay parameter to adjust for the differing
     cable delay between the two correlators.