[Difx-users] Error in running the startdifx command with DiFX software {External} {External} {External}

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Sat Jul 8 03:39:55 EDT 2023

Hi De Wu,

For the differences to be so gross with the rdv70 dataset, I would guess
that the discrepancy would be caused by a difference in the model being
used.  difxcalc will generate a slightly different model compared to the
older calcif2.  If you want to compare apples to apples, you can copy the
reference .im file to have the name wude_1.im and then run the correlation
again (ensuring that the im file is not being regenerated again - you can
add "--dont-calc" to the startdifx invocation to be sure) you should
hopefully see the differences disappear.

Because the S/N on the individual visibility points is very low, even a
small change in the model leads to a large difference in the result.

Cheers,
Adam

--