[Difx-users] Error in running the startdifx command with DiFX software {External} {External} {External}

深空探测 wude7826580 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 03:30:25 EDT 2023

Subject: Issue with DiFX Testing - RPC Errors and CPU Allocation

Hi Adam,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I've been conducting
tests with DiFX lately, and I encountered a few issues that I would
appreciate your insight on.

Initially, I faced problems running the `mpirun` command, but I managed to
resolve them by reinstalling DiFX on a new CentOS7 system. Previously, I
had installed `openmpi-1.6.5` in the `/usr/local` directory, but this time,
I used the command `sudo yum install openmpi-devel` to install `openmpi`,
and then I installed DiFX in the `/home/wude/difx/DIFXROOT` directory.
Following this setup, the `mpirun` command started working correctly. I
suspect that the previous installation in the system directory might have
been causing the issues with `mpirun`.

However, I encountered a new problem when running the command `calcif2
wude_1.calc`. The output displayed the following error:

calcif2 processing file 1/1 = wude_1
localhost: RPC: Program not registered
Error: calcif2: RPC clnt_create fails for host: localhost
Error: Cannot initialize CalcParams

Previously, I resolved a similar error by running the command: `export
DIFX_CALC_PROGRAM=difxcalc`. However, when I tried the same solution this
time, it didn't resolve the issue.

Additionally, when running the command: `mpirun -np 4 --hostfile
wude_1.machines --mca mpi_yield_when_idle 1 --mca rmaps seq
runmpifxcorr.DiFX-2.6.2 wude_1.input`, the output displayed the following
message:

While computing bindings, we found no available CPUs on the following node:
    Node: wude
Please check your allocation.

My hostname is "wude", and it seems like there are no available CPUs, but I
can't determine the cause of this issue. Hence, I am reaching out to seek
your guidance on this matter.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

De Wu