[Difx-users] DiFX workshop, 2023? {External}

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Tue Feb 28 20:35:58 EST 2023

Hello fellow DiFX enthusiasts! I hope you are all healthy, happy, and
enjoying high throughput wherever you are.

Since COVID spoiled our 13-year unbroken run of annual workshops in 2020,
we've greatly missed these in-person opportunities to collaborate. I'm
hoping that in 2023 we can re-start the DiFX workshop series! Quite apart
from catching up on missed interactions, it is quite an interesting time
with GPU-DiFX making big strides and various broad-banding efforts underway
in our user community.

Traditionally we've held the DiFX workshop in September or October, and
tried to spread it around the geographical user base.  Looking back at
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/meetings, it seems
that North America is probably the most overdue to host. I made some
preliminary inquiries and it seems like NRAO Socorro might be a candidate
to host a meeting in that time frame, with a preference for early September
out of that two-month window.  However, if any other institutes are very
keen to host (either in North America or elsewhere) please raise your
virtual hand via reply email!

Can I ask that people who are interested in attending a DiFX users and
developers meeting fill out the following form:
https://forms.gle/hqn6FUhSNCtnHzBR6 - it should only take 2 minutes max.
If you have trouble accessing the form, feel free to respond via email with
whether the above plan would work for you, or preferred date ranges and
(im)possible locations if it doesn't.  If you could express interest within
the next ~week, so by March 10, we could move forward with refining
potential locations and dates.

Cheers,
Adam

--