[Difx-users] DiFX version for VGOS data correlation {External}

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 11 17:18:07 EST 2022

Hi Mike (and others),

Anyone having issues with the new vex2difx (with vex2 support), please
either use this list or send mail directly to me.  For any corrections to
be done I will need the full set of files needed to run vex2difx.

Jan Wagner already identified one case where the vex2-enabled vex2difx did
not work for an EHT project.  The issue ended up being one where the vex
file was incomplete but the previous version of vex2difx "filled in the
blanks".  We agreed that the correct course of action for that particular
case was bringing the vex file up to standards.

I would encourage testing of trunk vex2difx (and reporting of issues)
sooner rather than later if possible.  There is still a low level of
activity on this.  After it dies down it will be harder to jump back in
for fixes!

I have started gathering a set of vex2 files (and their vex1.5
counterparts) that can be used for comparisons.  I would appreciate
additional contributions (you can add them within the vex2testdata
subdirectory of trunk vex2difx.

 	-Walter

P.S. Mike: I think the python3 issue you are having must be related to a
broken installation of some software or a problem with the environment of
the user attempting to run the program.  This does not sound like a
DiFX-specific problem.

Walter Brisken
NRAO
Deputy Assistant Director for VLBA Development
(505)-234-5912 (cell)
(575)-835-7133 (office; not useful during COVID times)