[Difx-users] DiFX version for VGOS data correlation {External}

Geoff Crew gbc at haystack.mit.edu
Thu Mar 10 16:14:51 EST 2022

The issues have to do with the way complex spectra are processed and
handled in the backends and DiFX.  2.5.4 was created as a stable
processing release for VGOS until the resources were free to guarantee
operation in a "current" release.  And fixing this situation requires
some coordination with the way backends are operated.  I'm not fluent in
the details.

A 2.7.1 release for the EHT processing of the 2021 campaign is likely to
occur in the next few months (as the media need to be recycled) and a
2.7-based release suitable for VGOS was one of the options discussed,
but I do not know the current plan for VGOS.

--
Geoff Crew
gbc at haystack.mit.edu