[Difx-users] J2000 to date conversions {External}

Phillips, Chris (S&A, Marsfield) Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Tue Jan 11 21:44:08 EST 2022

The “celestial sphere” rotates wrt the earth. So any observations need to be appropriate rotated to a specific epoch (usually J2000). I want to be able to calculate the rotation terms myself for some tests.

I’m possibly using the wrong terminology, but B1950, J2000 and “date” are commonly used. I’m guessing date <==> J2022 currently.

Cheers
Chris