[Difx-users] DIFX-2.6.3 pre-release {External}

Phillips, Chris (S&A, Marsfield) Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Sun Jan 9 20:35:36 EST 2022

Thanks Walter!

From: Walter Brisken <wbrisken at nrao.edu>
Date: Saturday, 8 January 2022 at 02:12
To: Phillips, Chris (S&A, Marsfield) <Chris.Phillips at csiro.au>
Cc: difxusers <difx-users at nrao.edu>
Subject: Re: [Difx-users] DIFX-2.6.3 pre-release {External}

Hi Chris, difx-users,

I've performed a couple relatively simple tests comparing 2.6.2 to 2.6.3
at a level that I think is appropriate for the types of changes between
these two releases and all looks good.  Things I looked at are:

1. 4-channel multi-thread VDIF using dual-band (S/X), single scan

2. 16-channel Mark5B with multiple scans

3. verified phase, delay, amplitudes, and bandpasses look good

4. assessed that noise levels are comparable

5. verified that extracted pulse cal is unchanged

6. verified that data completeness (visibility and other tables) is unchanged

Note that these tests are fairly well focused on "usual" VLBA science data
sets.  They do not include:

* complex data of any kind

* geodetic analysis

* mismatched / zoom bands

* polarization conversion

* multi-phase-center

It would be good if some other folks could run some tests focusing on some
of these areas.

         -Walter

Walter Brisken
NRAO
Deputy Assistant Director for VLBA Development
(505)-234-5912 (cell)
(575)-835-7133 (office; not useful during COVID times)