[Difx-users] Correlating Overlapping Bands {External}

Joe Skeens jskeens1 at utexas.edu
Tue Feb 22 12:50:54 EST 2022

Hi all,

I'm attempting to correlate data coming from two different types of
antennas with different (but overlapping) frequency bands, and I'm having
some trouble with setting up a zoom section in the v2d file to do this.

As it stands, when running vex2difx, I get a warning saying, "Cannot find a
parent freq for zoom band X of datastream Y for antenna Z," and the zoom
band is dropped, leading to invalid records when the correlation proceeds.
I've tried the ANTENNA parameters addZoomFreq and zoom, and both seem to
lead to this outcome. I see in the freqId parameter in the SETUP section a
blurb about selecting a parent band, but I'm not sure how this is
applied--after selecting the freqIds of interest, there's no change in the
warning message. (As a note, I have to select the freqIds of both antennas
here because I'm unsure of how to apply different setups for different
antennas to a single source if that is possible).

Am I committing an obvious blunder here or missing something in my setup? I
should also note that I'm attempting to correlate complex data with real
data, is this something that is supported in the current version of DiFX,
or do I need to convert one of my datasets for compatibility? Any
advice/expertise would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Joe