[Difx-users] sample rate question

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 19:59:25 EDT 2021

Unless the format being used itself doesn't like the setup.  E.g., VDIF
itself has some restrictive limits.  If you want some more feedback, please
include the actual rate you're trying to support, and what data format
you're using.

Cheers,
Adam

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 at 10:43, Phillips, Chris (CASS, Marsfield) via
Difx-users <difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Just a note, the changes Adam and I made to DIFX to support CODIF, should
> allow a LOT more flexibility with data rates. This has not been tested at
> all with non-CODIF data, but I imagine it should work.
>
> This will all be in trunk.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> > On 18 Mar 2021, at 07:36, Kyle Herrity via Difx-users <
> difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a hard requirement that the sample_rate in the $FREQ section of
> the .vex file be a power-of-two Ms/sec? I have tried a non-power-of-two and
> DiFX didn't seem to like it. Unfortunately, I don't see any specific
> documentation around this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kyle

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797