[Difx-users] complex support

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Sun Feb 7 17:33:35 EST 2021

Hi Jayce,

Just to expand on what Chris wrote, if you give the exact centre frequency
and bandwidth for the LWA and VLA, it would be easy to let you know how
DiFX can be set up to support correlation of the over-lapping portion of
the bands.  As Chris said, this would be implemented using "zoom" bands
(which select a subset of channels) after configuration the spectral
resolution of the VLA and LWA to match.  If the centre frequencies are
convenient, then this can be done pretty easily.  If they are separated by
an unfortunate amount, though, you need to either go to very high spectral
resolution (in order to get the centre frequencies of the channels to
match, in addition to their widths) or alternatively one can use the "LO
offset" functionality in DiFX to effectively tweak the centre frequency of
one of the bands slightly to a more convenient value, enabling lower
spectral resolution to be used.

Cheers,
Adam

--