[Difx-users] 2020 DiFX mini-workshop series

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Wed Oct 28 06:59:04 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is coping with the seemingly endless series of curveballs
that 2020 has thrown at us.  While international travel is out, we're not
going to break a 14 run of annual DiFX meetings, and so I'd like to
announce that the 2020 DiFX virtual workshop "mini series" will kick off
soon.  These will each be around 1.5-2 hours long and will focus on a
single topic of interest, typically with a single presentation followed by
discussion.  A current list of suggestions is available at
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/nextmeeting, but
please feel free to suggest more to me.  We will rotate the timeslots to
more or less share the pain of late nights in local timezones, but meetings
will also be recorded and made available afterwards.  I would envisage
holding the meetings weekly to fortnightly, enabling us to hold 4 or 5 such
mini-workshops before the end of the year.

The topic of the first meeting will be “Migration from SVN to git: worth
the pain?” (spoiler alert: probably yes), and will feature a presentation
by Greg Lindahl.  I would like to propose this for the week of November 16,
with a time for this first meeting of 2200UT (with apologies to the
Europeans and especially our east Asian colleagues.)  If there are any
major activities relevant to this group already happening that week, please
let me know, otherwise I will propose Thursday as the day (Friday morning
in Asia/Oceania).

Apologies for the reasonably short notice, but... 2020.  If you have any
suggestions for improvements or additions, or if you'd like to take an
active hand in organising the workshop series, please let me know.  I will
publish an agenda and connection details once the date and time are fixed.

Cheers,
Adam

--
A/Prof. Adam Deller