[Difx-users] Question - correlate near field sources ie Spacecraft

Eskil Varenius varenius at chalmers.se
Thu Feb 27 23:14:05 EST 2020

Stuart,

Not clear to me if you are still fighting your "catch 22"-error but if
you are:

In the v2d you can, as far as I know, add details to - but not override
- what is in the VEX file. So if you have a station defined as m5b in
the vex, vex2difx will refuse any VDIF spec for that station in the v2d
file, and throw the error you got. To override, you need to specify VDIF
in the vex file for this station, e.g. use in the TRACKS section
something like
  def VDIF_format;
   track_frame_format = VDIF;
  enddef;

(and direct the appropriate station to use this with a line in the MODE
section). Then you can add necessary details in the v2d file, e.g.
"format=VDIFL/8016/2", for your station.

Regards

Eskil