[Difx-users] Question - correlate near field sources ie Spacecraft

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Thu Feb 27 18:58:02 EST 2020

Hi Stuart,

I think if the vex file is wrong (it says Mark5B for a couple of stations
when they were actually VDIF) you might need to actually update the vex
file.  Can you do that, or is that a bit beyond your vex hacking skills?

Cheers,
Adam

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 at 10:26, Stuart Weston via Difx-users <
difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> >> Which in v2d would translate to "format=VDIFL/8016/2"
>

> So the vex file has MARK5B, but two stations recorded VDIF. Drudg knowing
> the station setup has put the appropriate commands in the prc file to
> record VDIF.
>

> Anyway I ran through the setup and tried to run it and “errmon” tells me
> for these files:
>

> This does not look like a valid Mark5B data.
>

> Fair enough, I see its trying to use “format=Mark8-128-2-2” and it should
> be “format=VDIF_8000-128-2-2” (if I use m5spec on the vdif files).
>

> So I try the above line in the v2d files "format=VDIFL/8016/2" for the
> appropriate stations, and now when I run vex2difx I get :
>

> Error: cannot change format to VDIF from any other non-VDIF format
> (antenna WA) with the .v2d file.  You need to change the .vex file.
>

> Hummm, a bit of a catch 22 here ?
>

> Stuart Weston
>

> Mobile: 021 713062
>
> Skype: stuart.d.weston
> Email:  stuart.weston at aut.ac.nz
>
> http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Stuart.Weston/index.html
>
> Software Engineer
> Institute for Radio Astronomy & Space Research (IRASR)
> School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
> Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies
> Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand.
>
> http://www.irasr.aut.ac.nz/

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797