[Difx-users] dixio and data with unequal IF bandwidths?

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Sat Aug 1 03:02:57 EDT 2020

Hi Leonid,

Padding in that manner is not presently supported in DiFX. The most
suitable starting place is probably difx2difx.py, which is a tool for
re-packaging .difx output, but you would need to extend its capabilities to
add such a padding mode. (It's been used up until now to reproduce evenly
sized bands from a mish-mash of different sized zoom bands, and I've
extended it in a different tool called mergeOversampledDiFX to discard
oversampled edge regions of bands.)

difx2difx.py lives in sites/MPIfR/oneoff/, and as the name implies, it was
not intended to be a general purpose tool, so it might be a reasonable
sized effort to add padding support.

Cheers,
Adam

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 at 05:19, Leonid Petrov via Difx-users <
difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
>   I have the data that were correlated with A different resolution
> at different stations within the same input file. Here is the excerpt
> from an input file http://astrogeo.org/s0/corr_difx/rd1810/h_1087.input
>
> #station 1
> FREQ (MHZ) 32:      8212.99000000000
> BW (MHZ) 32:        8.00000000000
> SIDEBAND 32:        U
> NUM CHANNELS 32:    800
> CHANS TO AVG 32:    25
>
> #station 2
> FREQ (MHZ) 23:      8238.40000000000
> BW (MHZ) 23:        32.00000000000
> SIDEBAND 23:        L
> NUM CHANNELS 23:    3200
> CHANS TO AVG 23:    25
>
> dixio is rightfully rejects these data:
>
> Error: DifxInput setGlobalValues: detected unequal IF bandwidths
> (32.000000 and 8.000000 MHz), not supported!
>
> I want to pad data from station #1 with zero in order
> to have the same bandwidth and the same number of channels
> as the data for station #2. The baseband data are already
> recycled.
>
> Best ideas how to achieve it?
>
> Leonid
> 2020.07.31_15:13:30

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797