[Difx-users] Complex setups for the added phase centers

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Tue Oct 29 05:16:57 EDT 2019

Hi Wu,

Multiple phase centers + pulsar binning/gating are not mutually
compatible.  They need to be done in separate passes.  This is due to the
internal complexity of mixing those two operations.  So unfortunately,
you'll just need to run DiFX twice.

Cheers,
Adam

On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 at 19:57, 江悟 via Difx-users <difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Adam and all,
>
> Recently I came across a case which I hoped to do pulsar gating
> correlation to the added phase center, while keeping the original phase
> center and other sources in normal setup. I know this could be done in two
> correlation passes, one for the normal and the other for the additional
> phase center with pulsar gating. But I wonder the feasibility if these two
> could be merged into one pass? I tried to make different setups for
> different phase centers separately but it didn't work as there was only
> configuration in the input file, please see the attached for example.
> What's more, how to generate the FITS files as there will be two setups for
> one scan/job then? Any experiences and suggestions?
> Thank you for your help in advance,
>
> With regards,
> Wu

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797