[Difx-users] [Non-DoD Source] Re: EOP server problems

Stamatakos, Nicholas G CIV USN NAVOBSY DC (USA) nicholas.g.stamatakos.civ at mail.mil
Sat Oct 5 11:33:22 EDT 2019

I also attached your email to an existing ticket from IT help desk.

On 10/5/19, 7:36 AM, "Nick Stamatakos" <nicholas.g.stamatakos.civ at mail.mil> wrote:

    Hi Chris--
    Yes, indeed.  Please send these notes along as it does help out IT department.

    I hate to ask this but if you have specific times of the outages and IP addresses of who was trying that would help as well.

    My division is trying to help IT improve the DNS -- unusual that the EOP C/P division (a bunch of astronomers) are helping the IT department with an IT issue.  But, as they say in the Navy "all hands on deck to try to fix the problem....".

    I apologize for the inconveniences.  Just a reminder of backup servers:
         * Please note that daily and Bulletin A EOP data can be obtained from *
         * the primary Earth Orientation (EO) servers at:                      *
         *   http://maia.usno.navy.mil   ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil              *
         *   https://maia.usno.navy.mil                                        *
         * and from the backup EO server at:                                   *
         *   http://toshi.nofs.navy.mil  ftp://toshi.nofs.navy.mil             *
         *   https://toshi.nofs.navy.mil                                       *
         * An additional backup mirror of the daily and Bulletin A EOP data    *
         * is now hosted by NASA's Archive of Space Geodesy Data server at:    *
         *   ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/products/iers                       *
         * Daily EOP data will be uploaded here at 18:00 UTC, and              *
         * Bulletin A EOP data should be available by 20:00 UTC.               *

    Thank you for your patience...
    Best regards,
    Nick Stamatakos

    PS  Although there is another Navy saying "this would not be happenning in the Rickover Navy"....