[Difx-users] Bug fix in trunk ; DiFX 2.6.1 is coming...

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 11 10:57:28 EDT 2019

Hi users of DiFX,

Over the weekend I put a fix into the development branch (trunk) of DiFX
for a bug that I introduced shortly after DiFX 2.5.1 was released.  No
released versions are affected.

The nature of the problem was out of order logic that caused a job to end
early.  This only affected multi-scan jobs and was triggered at the end of
a scan if that scan was longer than the observe time remaining in the job.
For example, if a job had 5 scans with lengths 2, 3, 2, 3, 2 minutes, the
job would have ended just before beginning the last scan.  If the scan
lengths would have been 2, 3, 6, 3, 2 minutes, then the last two scans
would have been lost.

DiFX developers are working toward a new version with new features.  The
DiFX 2.6.1 release will be announced as soon as testing is in good shape.
If you would like to help with testing, please make sure you are on the
difx-developers mailing list and send a note to difx-developers at nrao.edu.

Some information on pending DiFX releases can be found at
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/nextrelease and at
the changelog page referenced from within.

 	Cheers,

 	Walter

--
Walter Brisken