[Difx-users] RULE and SETUP section name issue

Jan Wagner jwagner105 at googlemail.com
Wed May 16 07:49:35 EDT 2018

Thanks Walter, Mike!

Lol so you too Mike! Yeah the logic is confusing indeed. A blank
name for SETUP, if it doesn't break the parser, would I think be
more intuitive for a setup that should be applied to everything not
covered by any RULE.

Anyway, well, I can see how a special 'default' SETUP might be a
useful feature. And looks like it is actually documented so I
should've just RTFM earlier   (vex2difx wiki: "A setup with the
special name default will be applied to any scans not otherwise
assigned to setups by rule sections")

Btw, I didn't choose the unfortunate name of 'default' myself.

It comes from the Template v2d (*.tv2d) generated by sked(?) and
distributed with VLBA log files etc on the archive server.

Probably there is some good reason for the 'default' in the *.tv2d
as well.

cheers,
Jan