[Difx-users] missing Mark5 support

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Thu May 3 06:19:00 EDT 2018

Hi Franz,

Are you trying to correlate off a module, or an exported file on a normal
linux filesystem?  If the former, you need to compile mpifxcorr on the
mark5 unit itself (where the streamstor libraries are present).  If the
latter, you need to change your data source from MODULE to FILE (see, e.g.,
"Specifying media" on
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/vex2difx.)

Cheers,
Adam

On 3 May 2018 at 20:04, Franz Kirsten <franz.kirsten at chalmers.se> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using difx-trunk (revision 8243) to correlate an experiment that
> contains Mark5B data from Arecibo. I compiled the code by running
>
> ./install-difx
>
> At runtime I get the following error:
>
> Mark5BMark5DataStream stub called, meaning mpifxcorr was not compiled for
> native Mark5 support, but it was requested (with MODULE in .input file).
> Aborting.
>
> I already tried re-compiling with
>
> ./install-difx --mk5daemon
>
> but I still get the same error. What am I missing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Franz

Dr. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow, Senior Lecturer
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797