[Difx-users] Correlation for VDIF real and complex data format

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Sun Feb 11 23:25:56 EST 2018

Hi Zhang Xiuzhong,

The two published DiFX papers have reasonable descriptions of the
algorithms being used:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2011PASP..123..275D
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2007PASP..119..318D

The reference manual (
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/difx/difxuserguide.pdf)
has a lot of information on how to run DiFX, as does the wiki (
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/documentation). You
might like to start by running one of the example datasets available at
https://www.atnf.csiro.au/vlbi/dokuwiki/doku.php/difx/datasets, although
there is not as yet an example VDIF dataset.  From the DiFX viewpoint,
however, the format of the input data is not a big deal; if you can
correlate the VLBA format data, you will be able to correlate VDIF data.

Cheers,
Adam

On 9 February 2018 at 19:06, Zhang Xiuzhong <xzhang at shao.ac.cn> wrote:

> Dear colleague,
>
> we are learning to process VDIF real and complex format data with DiFX. We
> want to know how does DiFX processing the correlation of VDIF real and
> complex data stream? Are there any paper to describe the algorithm which
> used in DiFX? We would be very grateful if anyone could help us.
>
> thank you in advance!
>
> Zhang Xiuzhong
>
> Shanghai Astronomical Observatory
> China

Dr. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow, Senior Lecturer
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797