[comm] VoIP articles

Ruth Milner rmilner at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Apr 29 14:17:49 EDT 2004

Excerpt from 3/30 Z-D What's New Now.

Ruth.
--------------

Here Comes VoIP

You can tell when a technology is just getting ready to
explode. Trade shows dedicated to the technology start
bursting at the seams with electrifying energy. Zillions of
small companies begin flooding journalists and potential
customers with press releases and spam. Real people start
getting real stuff done. I saw it happen with Wi-Fi two
years ago, and it's happening with Voice over IP -- Internet
telephony -- today. I'm down at the Voice On the Net show
all day, and we're covering this VoIP coming out party from
top to bottom. Reporter Mark Hachman already filed a show
report about VoIP at the tipping point, and we'll have
updates in our eWEEK.com special report, and in my new
"What's New Now" blog.

VoIP at Tipping Point:
http://eletters.wnn.ziffdavis.com/zd1/cts?d=75-154-1-1-391-7336-1

VoIP Special Report: