[comm] Telecommunications video meeting Tuesday Feb 18 at 1030EST/0830MST

Gareth Hunt ghunt at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:14:09 EST 2003

People,

  [At time of writing, this meeting is now weather-dependent.  According to
  reports, CV has had 8-12" and I have at least 6" at my house.  Side streets
  in town have not yet been plowed.  Tomorrow may therefore be a snow day here.
  GB is usually worse.  Nevertheless, I personally intend to try to make it to
  work if only to escape cabin fever.]

Fred Lo gave Ted Miller the mandate to improve the video support for
observatory wide functions, especially for colloquia and "town hall" meetings.
After a brief discussion with Alan Bridle, Gene Runion, and myself, Ted
solicited a proposal for a formal project to carry this out.

When the project is formally approved, Ted will approve the funds to proceed.
Our first submission is appended.

As you will see, much of the proposed effort is to improve the *sound* systems
in the auditoria.  Alan and Gene have been working on the audio in the CV
auditorium.  I understand from James that he and KScott have been working on
the audio system in the AOC auditorium.  We should consider combining these
efforts and, if appropriate, modifying the document to combine them into a
single proposal.

Cheers,
Gareth.
------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------