[Alma_na] High Altitude Physicals

Jody Bolyard jbolyard at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 25 14:16:04 EST 2004

All,

We are trying to ensure every NRAO employee going to the high site at
the ALMA project in Chile is adequately protected from the effects of
working at altitude.  Toward that end, several of you will be receiving
notices of the need to renew your high altitude physical prior to your
next visit to the AOS.

Additionally, I am using this message to advise all NRAO ALMA travelers
to the site of the requirement to obtain proper medical certification
prior to ascent.  If you have never obtained the physical, please look
at the HR web page for the proper forms.
(http://www.nrao.edu/administration/fiscal_office/HighAltitudeMemo.pdf
and
http://www.nrao.edu/administration/fiscal_office/HighAltitudeForms.pdf).
The following is a complete listing of ALL NRAO employees that have a
medical clearance on record.  If you have had an exam and your name is
not on this listing, please forward the release to my attention and we
will put you on the recall notification.

Important note:  This is a self reporting requirement designed to
provide you with an assurance that you will encounter no adverse health
effects at the high site.  Please do not bypass this important exam.

Thanks,
Jody

Records on file(complete listing)
Abeyta, Leon