[alma_na] ALMA Week - Victoria V2.0

Dick Sramek dsramek at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Apr 9 18:06:40 EDT 2003

Attached is an Excel file with an updated DRAFT list of participants and
DRAFT agenda for ALMA Week (AW).

The agenda is still early draft; not all people indicated have been
contacted.

In planning sessions, I have used the priority given at the top of the
agenda page.

At this time I have a list of 80 people that IPT leads have requested to
travel to ALMA Week.

This matches the block booking of 80 rooms that James has made for us.

Also, anticipating 10 local attendees, we will have about 90 people at
the meeting dinner; to go beyond this substantially would require a
change of venue.

The FE IPT will have a full group meeting the week after ALMA Week, with
25 to 30 people in attendence.  Therefore, FE attendence at AW is
relatively sparse.

I have made use of the large meeting room for morning plenary sessions
plus three smaller rooms for group meetings in the afternoon (parallel
sessions).

*** James Di Francesco - Is the large conference room available on
Friday afternoon for our closing plenary session?

*** JAO - Do you approve this plan?  If yes, please tell the IPT leads
to invite participants within the guidelines.  We have some unassigned
slots plus some invitees will decline to attend.  However, additional
participants will have to be limited.  Our risk is overflowing the
facilities owing to last minute participants.  I'll ask James for hard
limiting numbers.

We should circulate information to participants in the next few days to
take advantage of advanced airline bookings.

..DS..