[alma_na] ALMA Week - Victoria

Dick Sramek dsramek at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Apr 3 17:00:51 EST 2003

I've had a start at planning the upcoming ALMA week, now scheduled for
June 2 through June 6 in Victoia, Canada.

Attached is an EXCEL file with two sheets:
1) Participants
2) Agenda

I understand that we are going to try to have a smaller ALMA week this
year and will limit the number of participant to about 80.  Accordingly,
we've reserved a block of 80 rooms at a hotel in Victoria.

The "Participants" sheet shows a distribution of 80 slots.  At this time
this is simply a suggestion, not an allocation of slots.  In those cases
where I know whom the IPT leads wish to invite, I've indicated initials;
otherwise I just made a guess at the number.

I ask the JAO and the various group leaders to tell me if:
a) you don't need all of your slots
b) you need more slots

I've guessed that 10 resident HIA staff will wish to attend ALMA Week,
but they don't need hotel rooms or travel support.  If you have a better
guess, let me know.

We should reconcile this list and settle who is going to attend ALMA
week by April 18.

The "Agenda" sheet shows a first draft agenda.  I've included all topics
that I've heard suggested.  The mornings are used for sessions of
general interest; the Tue through Fri afternoons are for more
specialized topics that might allow for a parallel session.

Let me know if I missed sessions you would like hold or have indicated
the wrong amount of time.  If the agenda get's too crowded, we may need
to drop some of these topics.  This 1st draft will likely change
considerably before it finalizes.

..DS..