[alma_na] Meetings!!

Peter Gray pgray at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 19 15:10:18 EDT 2002

Following from today's discussion,
as a trial, we have re-enabled the Calender function of
SiteScape and put it on the front SS page:
http://almaedm.tuc.nrao.edu/forums/alma/dispatch.cgi/meetcalend

It is set to be open access for now ie anyone can upload a meeting
to the calender. Its fairly self-explanatory (I managed to work it
out myself). Some hints:
- add a meeting with the "Add Entry" button.
- to add a meeting over several days, select the start date and
Repeat: Yes and choose number of days.
- select "All-Day" for non-specific times.
- to delete or modify entry,  click on date, then meeting title.
- to list all events in a table (rather than calender) select "Search",
press "OK" ie leave fields blank.
- you can add a URL link to a document ie agenda etc

SS has several features which will allow individual groups/IPTs to have
their
own calenders and these calenders to be merged at the users choice
with other and the project wide calenders. We will start with this one
general
calender for a trial.

For now, continue to send Carloyn the details of your meetings as per
her email request.

Peter & Stacy