[alma_na] Message From Jaap Baars

Carolyn White cwhite at NRAO.EDU
Mon Dec 3 11:33:39 EST 2001

Dear Colleague Division Head/Team Leader,

The AEC is in the process of preparing the detailed bi-lateral ALMA
Project plan for the ACC.  The material must be ready for transmittal to
the ACC by 1 February 2002.  Part of the material is the updated version
of the Project Book.  We need your help and participation in this process.

As a first indication of the amount of necessary changes I would
request each of you, and those within your sphere of authority who
contribute to the Project Book, to send me within a week a short list
of those sections of the PB which will need significant editing.

The new, up-to-date text of your part of the PB is due by 7 January.
The final editing will be done by me, for which I might return to you
for further help during the month of January.

I know that most of you don't look forward with enthusiasm to this
task. But it is essential that we maintain an up-to-date PB and now
that the Construction Phase has officially begun, this is as good a
moment as any to realise this. Besides, the ACC requires the PB as
part of the material for their meeting this spring.

Thank you for your timely reactions.

With best greetings,

Jaap