[alma-config] Re: SIMs + Mels comments

Al Wootten awootten at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 12 10:43:18 EDT 2000

John wrote:
" I guess  looking at circumnuclear gas in
AGNs or at  protoplanetary disks  are two important science drivers that
will primarily use A, B and C arrays in single pointing mode."

I think that even here, at the higher frequencies, mosaics will be necessary.
But since mosaicking techniques are to some extent still experimental,
we will want to do these using different algorithms so that we can ensure
that the effects we see originate in the configuration and not just in the
algorithm.

Clear skies,
Al